Sandon Global Privacy Statement (updated 23/4/2018)
Sandon Global Engraving Technology Ltd.is the data controller and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org
How and when we collect personal data for business use:
- When you are using our products/services.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, public sources, trade bodies or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others. Our extensive network of approved sales agents, distributors and representatives also share data with us as part of marketing, quotation and order process activities.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Sandon Global Engraving Technology Ltd.
- All personal information submitted by users outside the UK will be processed in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy (and any local terms that apply to certain areas of the site). Where there is a conflict, the local terms will apply.
Why we collect personal and business data:
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service activities. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company.
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you content and venue details on a webinar, video conference or event you signed up for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact’ or other web forms you have completed on our Sandon Global Engraving Technology Ltd. or trade advertising portal(e.g. to download a whitepaper).
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails or phone calls).
- Provide you with access to information and services related to a free Anilox Audit.
- Provide access to our Customer Extranet or Staff/Partner Intranet.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmations, invoices and similar. The contract may be with Sandon Global Engraving Technology Ltd.directly or with a Strategic Partner.
- Notify you about any disruptions or delays to our services.
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on our products and services.
- Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data:
Collecting personal data based on consents: The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts: We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest: We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Sandon Global Engraving Technology Ltd.and the individual person has been identified.
By providing your personal information and via our online contact forms you explicitly consent toSandon Global Engraving Technology Ltd.processing your Personal and Business Information for the purposes, and otherwise in the manner set out in this Policy.
Type of personal data collected:
We collect name, phone number, job title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you apply for a job at Sandon Global Engraving Technology Ltd.we collect the data you provide during the application process. Sandon Global Engraving Technology Ltd.does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
Personal Information may be submitted on our website in two areas:
Public Area: We collect browser and cookie information when you first navigate to our website. We collect information about you during the enquiry forms including quotation requests for products and services. This information may include, but is not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number and any other mandatory details as might be requested from you for business purposes only.
As part of our quotation process, you are provided with an opportunity to record your marketing preferences. We endeavour at all times to respect your preferences and not send you communications in contravention of your wishes.
Where you have agreed to receive such communications, Sandon Global Engraving Technologies Ltd. may use your information and personal details to contact you with marketing messages by email, phone, post or otherwise. We will do this during the period of your relationship with us and, unless specifically instructed otherwise by you, for a reasonable period of time after the relationship has ended in order to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers which we feel may be of interest to you.
Our website contains links to other sites. Sandon Global Engraving Technologies Ltd. will not be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Private Area: If you are already one of our customers and have an account with us, we will hold this information in a secure back office system. Which will integrate with secure online systems such as an extranet.
We may also collect:
- Registration details for trade events or promotions.
- Details of your visits to our resources and webpages that you access including, without limitation, traffic data, location data and other communication data (including IP address). Note that we do not extract any personal information (e.g. email address or name) that may be in a web browser’s user preference file.
- Technical information relating to the device that you use to access our products/services.
- Information and communications on the website, including social media channels eg LinkedIn.
- Information we collect using cookies stored on your device about how you use our products / services via selected third-party websites such as Strategic Partners.
- Your telephone conversations may be recorded both to assist us in training and in quality management, and to allow for the speedy resolution of queries.
It is important to highlight that our products/services are not intended for consumers. We do not knowingly record or retain any personal information from such individuals.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to our customers needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies do not personally identify you.
While we follow best practice, including but not limited to implementing administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse you should also take personal steps to protect the security of your data both physically and electronically by following common best practice procedures such as:
- Running Anti-Virus software and keeping it up to date;
- Applying operating system, web browser and other security updates;
- Ensuring your PC or other device is not left unattended.
- Using strong passwords for all services and logins.
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our approved Strategic Partners including distributors and agents who represent Sandon Global around the globe.
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Use of sub-contractors (processors and sub-processors)
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Sandon Global Engraving Technology Ltd.reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our website. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect. If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, contact email@example.com